The most common money questions around Covid-19
Since the beginning of April, Better with Money has been supporting employee wellbeing by running webinars to explain the most recent financial support from banks and providers. These answer questions such as how to deal with mortgages and debt as well as savings, investments and general money saving tips.
The ten most common questions we’ve been asked since lockdown began are as follows*:
- For which reasons can my partner or I be furloughed?
- Can I volunteer if I have been furloughed?
- I am a key worker but the government’s guidance makes it clear my child should stay at home if they can. What are my options?
- What happens to my holiday entitlement during this time?
- I am now doing my work from home. Can I claim additional expenses for heating, lighting etc?
- My pension pot is falling in value, should I transfer it out or switch it to a different investment?
- What are my options with my company car now that I can’t use it?
- Am I covered under insurances for coronavirus type claims?
- How should I tackle debt at the moment?
- What can I do if I am worried about the mental health of a loved one?
To read our answers to these questions please click here.
If you are keen to support your employees wellbeing during these challenging times, please do get in touch and we can talk you through our webinar Covid-19: Curing Your Finances.
*current as at 08/04/20